Pages

7.31.2010

Lady Gaga Friday

Yesterday was my friend, Chelsey's birthday. To celebrate, she put together a "Lady Gaga" party at her house and then we left at 9:30 pm and drove to Trussville for bowling. The whole theme fit Chelsey's personality to a tee. I can't think of a better idea for a Chelsey party. The girls invited were to dress up like Gaga in weird and unusual clothing. I went shopping with her a few days ago and got some pieces, but then I found a few at my house that I mixed in with the new ones. I think my outfit turned out pretty cute. Check it out:



the back of my dress was cut out like this



The front was kinda like this with long sleeves


I wore a neon yellow tutu over the bottom of the dress(I had to wear some of my vb spandex under it too)
my favorite piece:black leggings with tons of rips and holes in them. The ones I wore had way more than these.

I wore a black and white striped tank under the dress so you could see it in the back.









my blue converses

my eye makup looked similar to this but with a touch of lime green eye shadow and more eyeliner and bigger eyelashes.
I used this mascara. It's my new favorite. It's called falsies. It makes my eye lashes so long and filled in.






Bright pink lipstick

Silver and neon bangles
I also had my engagement ring on, of course. It totally brought the whole outfit together. :)


So I may or may not have gotten excited hours before I was supposed to go to her house to get ready and went ahead and curled all of my hair(I have about 3 peoples' worth of hair, so it took about an hour and 1/2) and did attempted my makeup. I arrived at her house early so I could help her get ready and so she could fix my eye makeup. I am not very talented in the makeup area. lol When I walked into her house everything was decorated Lady Gagaish. I wish I would have taken my camera. I'm always the one without it. The walls were covered with outfits resembling things you would have seen Lady Gaga in and there were snacks and a cake and pizza. As we finished getting ready the other girls started showing up. I was impressed with each of them. This was out of almost all of our comfort zones, but I think we all handled it pretty well considering we had to go in PUBLIC like this. lol All was good the moment we stepped foot into the bowling alley. The first person we saw said, " You girls have the Lady Gaga look going". We all were embarrassed, yet relieved. At least we didn't just look like we were dressed like that for no reason. Everyone clearly understood we were having a Lady Gaga night. We didn't get a single weird look got weird looks all night, but it was overall really funny and we all had a great time. Not to brag or anything, but I kicked butt at bowling. :) I probably should have let the birthday girl win...I love her and all, but I would have had to sit the ball into the gutter every time in order for that to happen. lol 
On the way down, we blasted some Britney and Taylor. Of course being girls we knew every word to every song.All we were missing was some Spice Girls. haha We took TONS of pictures, but I have zero. When Chelsey  emails them to me, I'll try to be brave and share a few with you. I do have a few from when I was getting ready.

Curled Hair
Drew posing for a pic. He helped me get ready :)
Today is just gonna be another lazy day. I only have today and tomorrow to rest up before volleyball starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment