Pages

7.25.2010

Weekend Recap

Our weekend:

Friday: I got some much needed sleep Friday morning. I didn't get out of bed until about 11. It was nice. :) While I was snoozing Drew was a good boy and hit the gym. When he got home we fixed breakfast and then we were pretty much lazy all day. My younger sis and I stayed at my Aunt's for the night. I love going there. They are really laid back and easy to be around. We stuffed our faces with yummy food and I had enough Dr. P to last for a month. We don't have it at my dad's house, so I have to take advantage of it over at her house. We were sitting on her porch, talking and laughing and we hear a gunshot. It sounded REALLY close to where we were. It scared us, but we just kept talking. A few minutes later, we see blue and red flashing lights down the street...then two state troopers fly by her house, then the sheriff, then THREE more cops. SOMETHING was going on down the road. My sister is wanting to go into the investigation kind of field when she graduates so we had to hold her down to keep her from going and getting involved. I still haven't heard anything about what happened..I just hope no one got hurt. :/


Saturday: We woke up around 9ish and both wanted to head home and get some things done. We drove through Jacks for breakfast on our way home. Gotta love the buttery artery-clogging biscuits. She drove to her house (she lives with my mom) so I could pick up my car and head to my house. When I got home I suddenly got the urge to clean and rearrange my room...so that's what Drew and I did. This may sound weird, but ever since I moved my furniture the last time and my bed was facing a different way, I have not slept as good. It may be it in my head, but after we moved it back to the way it was before, I slept SOOO good last night. Call me crazy, but whatev. lol He painted my stepsister's old dresser that I am using until I move out. It was a not so pretty cream color. Now it is my fav color, black. :) We removed the light pink knobs and put pretty ones that we bought a while back from TJ-max. (I don't know if I have mentioned it, but I LOVE the home section there. They have awesome stuff sometimes.) Look how good it looks. :) I shoulda taken a before pic, but I didn't even think about it.


So after we had finished cleaning up everything, we heard tons of sirens going off. We look out my window and fire trucks, police, and ambulances are pulling into our street. Naturally
everyone in the neighborhood came out of their houses to see what the heck was going on. It turns out it was the house of a couple going through a divorce and the house had been for sale for a while and was about to be foreclosed on....can you say arson??


Sunday:We woke up pretty late and fixed breakfast and then I caught up on some blog reading. We got paid today, so Drew wanted to go to GNC and get his workout stuff. While I was in the car waiting (I did not get dressed to go in, so I just dropped him off at the mall entrance) my dad calls me and says he is running my stepmother to the emergency room. They are STILL there. Haven't heard anything. We came home from the mall and ate lunch. I don't know if I was just REALLY hungry or what but my turkey/tomato/low-sodium bacon/shredded cheese/spicy mustard sandwich on the little round wheat bread was SOOO good...so then after reading blogs some more, I did my 30 minutes of cardio and ab workout and then fixed a salad with chicken and zesty Italian dressing.


Tomorrow I have camp again. I have to teach the little kiddies how to set. I'm only dreading it because the college gym is SOO hot and it drains every ounce of energy I have to be there all day. We plan on going to sleep early tonight so we can start off the week with a good night's sleep and then hit the gym early in the morning before I go to work the camp. We didn't exactly eat healthy this weekend, but now we are determined to get back in line and get in shape. I was informed we will be doing the Insanity video workouts for volleyball this year. I am so not ready for those 3-4 hour practices/workouts starting in about ummm...about a week.

I hope everyone has a fab week!

1 comment:

  1. Hey.
    No problem for the comment. I'm always glad to give advice! I'd rather you learn from MY mistakes than make your own, ya know? Have you ever heard of a store called World Market? They didn't have them in Alabama, but they have them in Vegas and it is officially my FAVORITE store for kitchen stuff and random furniture, rugs, mirrors, etc. And, best of all...it's super cheap...but, quality stuff. The reason I'm mentioning it is because they have super cute white plates. We get a lot of our unique stuff from there. Check it out online.

    ReplyDelete