Pages

7.03.2010

I Need to Blog More

It's been a while, so I thought I would update everyone on our life lately. I've been reading blogs way more than focusing on ours! I've found some that are basically about the same stuff that mine is now and what I plan for it to be like in the future. Most of the them are blogs of SAHMs (stay at home moms) that write about their everyday life with their husband and families. Exactly what I plan for ours to be about. :)

This weekend.
We stayed at my aunts house last night along with my mom and lil sis. It was interesting, but like always, I had a great time. We got a total of two hours of sleep before we woke up at 5 a.m. We were all SO thrilled to be up that early. The reason we stayed was the huge yard sale we had this morning. We had TONS of stuff and sold a majority of it. The money Drew and I got is going straight to our savings account. I am dead set on saving money. We have had our little week or so of shopping and buying things we've been wanting, but I think it's time we get serious and start putting away money for when we move to Birmingham next year and we're on our own. We have already started being a little more independent though. We paid our first Verizon cell bill today. I am very proud of us. :] Hey, we have to start somewhere.
I got a little down earlier because I'm not the type of person who just loves to get out and do stuff, especially if tons of people are involved. I'm just not a big fan of people in general. Drew, on the other hand likes to be out and do stuff...so I feel like I hold him back sometimes, but I guess we make up for it with our date this coming Thurs night to Outback and the Eclipse movie. I AM looking forward to that. Where I was going with all of this is that instead of going to the 4th of July fireworks show we stayed at home and just got a few things done around the house. I can barely run on 2 hours of sleep and I am also feeling kinda sickly anyway, so after I get done with this post I'm taking some meds and hitting the sheets.

Health.
Ever since we got back from our beach trip it has been super hard for me to get motivated to workout or eat healthy. I have been so lazy. Not to mention that when I go to my mom or aunts they always have my favorite junk foods and my dad doesn't keep anything like that in the house, so of course I have to eat it all while I can.
I have my last volleyball season coming up in ONE month and I want it to be the best. I want to look and feel good wearing that tight uniform and spandex. With that being said, I've made a few goals and Drew is making me a workout a workout and eating plan so that I can achieve them. I think I'm going to try the reward system for a few weeks. For every week that I stick to the plan I get to reward myself with something like a pedi or new workout shorts. :) Maybe this will help me stay motivated.


Time to add a little seriousness to this post.
Along with adding a more serious approach to getting healthy, I'm also going to start a daily Bible reading. One of my lifetime goals is to read the Bible cover to cover and actually remember what I've read. I don't know how many times I've read Genesis and Revelation, but now I wanna know what's in between.

I've also been noticing that I need to appreciate my soon to be hubby more. He does so much for me and sometimes I take him for granted, but I'm going to work HARD on this, because he deserves so much better than what I give him. I have been thinking about our relationship and everything relating to it for it seems like constantly the past week or so. I get frustrated because he tells me what I need to hear and doesn't let me just get my way all the time. I know I need to him to be like that and I need to learn to appreciate that too, as hard as it may be.
Is it normal for engaged women to think about being pregnant and things like that a lot? Everywhere we go it seems like when I see clothes I think to myself, "That would be such a cute pregnant shirt" or I see little kiddies and I just get all googly eyed and drift off thinking about my little munchkins that will one day be here. I know I'm only about to be 20, and NO I do not plan on getting pregnant this young, but I have to admit I'm extremely excited about having babies. :) It will be a few years before we do though. I want to be able to travel as just us a little and save up money before we bring a little us into our family.

time for some sleepy medicine and my comfy bed. I'm going to start blogging more though, promise! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment