Pages

8.27.2010

Pretty Proud. :)

Well its been quite a while since I've posted anything. I have been kinda busy since school and vb are in full swing. The online classes have been great since I don't have to wake up and get ready and actually go to class. I have literally slept until 10 everyday this week. I wake up slowly [I am NOT a morning person] and eat breakfast and do some school work and play multiple games of monopoly deal with drew. We are addicted. We both love monopoly but it takes forever to play. I saw something about the monopoly card game on a blog so we decided to give it a try. It's fun! After games and work I get a shower and get ready for practice. I run to chicfila for a quick salad with chicken nuggets on it before practice. Everyday. That has been my schedule all week long.
 Today was different though. It was day 1 of the season opener tournament. The team met at a cute little coffee house for a paid-for meal this morning before we hit the road to play...kicked butt in our two games and then got right back on the bus and came home. We get to do it all over again tomorrow. The second day of tournaments are just not fun. Everyone is I'm always tired and cranky from playing and traveling the day before...I've got my pillow, blanket, and ipod all ready to take with me. I'll be the one in the back of the bus asleep. :)
I do have to brag about my self for a sec. This tournament is the same tournament where I became a bench rider (well stander. We don't sit, we stand) last year. Something about the gym it is held on makes me feel and play weird. It is probably just mental, but whatever it is, I can't seem to shake it off. Well, things got off to the same start as they did last year. I wasn't playing my BEST at first so I got taken out and didn't play the whole last set. Well see, last year, I would have gotten mad, given up, and stood at the end of the "bench line" pouting because I wasn't playing..but this year, I knew I hadn't been playing as well as I should have and decided it wasn't just about ME...so I stood on the sidelines and cheered my team on as they won. Then something happened...she PUT ME BACK IN. I got another chance...something I didn't get last year. I actually did WELL this time too and got to play in every remaining set today. I was so proud of myself. I know I could have played a lot better but I am proud of my attitude and I felt like I was more mature about the situation. I am going to try my hardest to be this way all season long. Oh! While we were eating our brunch this morning, one of our new managers told us BIG NEWS! She is PREGNANT!!! :D We are all so excited for her and can't wait to throw her a baby shower. We have already started planning it for the night after we are in the Christmas parade. Can't wait to go by some babylove cuteness! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment