Pages

8.12.2010

Long Post.

It has been a few days since I have posted anything. I just haven't been inspired to do much of anything. Please say an extra prayer for me..I've been feeling really down and not like myself lately. I went to the doc and I should start feeling back to normal soon. :/ This post will probably be pretty long because I have lots on my mind.

I guess I'll start with volleyball, since it's consuming a lot of my time lately. It's going fairly well. I just don't know how the season is going to go. I HATE sitting the bench and that's all I did last year...well this year I have a chance to actually be on the floor....but I'm not sure how long that will last. I haven't been quite up to par with my volleyball skills ever since I started playing in college. I'm not sure what has changed the way I play. This is my last season, so whether I play or not I'm going to try and enjoy it. I'm going to try my hardest to be there for the people who are actually on the floor and I'll try my best when I do get a chance to play. Being a part of the team is a blessing all in it's own. I mean heck, it's paying for my college and we are constantly told how many girls there are that would kill to be in our places...so I think I need to work on not being so selfish. If I'm not the best person to have on the floor to win games then I need to be supportive of those who are. Sure, it's easy to just say these things..but I really want to accomplish that this year. No more dissing the people on the floor and tearing the team a part. It's time to grow up and be a true teammate.


My future hubby has been so good to me the past few days. He knows I'm not feeling the best so he has done so much for me to help me out. I'm so grateful that I have been blessed by someone who truly loves me and wants to make me happy. I couldn't ask for anyone better. He has brought me breakfast in bed ALL WEEK, cleaned my room (it was a wreck) while I was gone to practice this afternoon, and took me out to dinner and a movie after practice to try and get me out of this funk I'm in. It was so sweet to get out of practice and see a text that said, "Come home and shower as soon as you get out of practice. We are going out to eat and to a movie. I love you!" Makes me smile. :) We went to one of my favorite places in town, which is a Mexican place and then had time to kill before the movie started, so we decided to run to old navy and look around. I found a CUTE purse on clearance for $7 so he had no reason to say no to that. :) I haven't had a new purse in forever and we needed something to put our candy in that we were going to sneak into the movie. lol We saw Charlie St. Cloud. It was about a B- in my book. Overall I had a GREAT night and I think Wed night should be date night every week. :)


So...I have been rethinking the whole destination wedding thing. When I'm actually realistic about it, Drew and I aren't the dress up to go eat or the biggest social couple...so why would we go to a resort where both is pretty much are things you do while at a all exclusive resort? I'm thinking that a cute little room one beach house in Destin or somewhere similar would be perfect. We could go to the grocery store and get groceries for most of the week and go out some nights. We would get to cook meals together and wear whatever we wanted  while we ate. We could go shopping and find things for our new apartment and it just over all seems like a totally better idea. I'm definitely going to look at beach houses ON the beach and see what I can find.


& one last little thing. I'm trying to think about optimistic stuff...so here are some things I'm looking forward to:

-COLD weather. I'm so tired of the hotness and sweat.

-for fall classes to begin. I'm ready to get another semester behind me.

-My bday! I'll no longer be a "teen". The big 2-0! :D

-Thanksgiving. Foooooood.

-Christmas...more Foooood. lol and family :)

-The new year. Once January gets here its time for full on planning. Down to every last detail. Our new home, what school we will go to, where we will get married, honeymoon, everything.

I hope everything is going great on everyone else's end. I really enjoy reading everyone's blogs and I'm always excited when I see a new post. I know my blog posts aren't really exciting or about anything anyone's interested in probably, but as time goes by maybe I'll get better at this whole thing. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment