Pages

8.14.2010

It Wasn't So Bad.

ok, so we ended up going to the water park even though it was overcast. It turned out to be really fun. I feel like the team really bonded well and I got to know some of the new girls better. All the prayers for rain were not unanswered though. About an hour after we got there is STORMED. We luckily had a pavilion to retreat to and wait it out. It only stormed for about 30 minutes (we spent that 30 minutes walking over to the concession building and getting ice cream :) then it cleared up and became a beautiful sunny day. It kinda was like a huge sign to me. God is the one in charge. He will answer prayers, but it might not always be in the exact way you wanted Him to. I need to learn to accept this and my life would be a lot easier knowing it's not all under my control. That's a whole other topic for a different time. After we got our fill of water slides and sunburns, we changed and stopped at a hole in the wall bbq restaurant on the way home. They had pretty good food and everyone was so drained and starving, so we were pretty much quiet the whole time we ate. We were just ready to get home and rest.Oh and this little short trip (about an hour ride each way compared to our 2-5 hour each way trips) was a major reminder to update my ipod pronto and bring it along with a pillow and blanket from now on. I should know better. Ha.

I'm craving some buffalo chicken fingers for supper and some movies with my tobe. :) Coach says today is "faturday"..get it? FAT+SATURDAY=day to eat whatever we want-aka "faturday".
 Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment