Pages

10.03.2010

Weekend Recap

I've already missed a few days of the whole "blogging every day this month" thing....so I guess it will just have to run over into Nov. Speaking of November, the 1st is my BDAY! :D

A little weekend recap:
The team loaded the charter bus around 1pm on Friday...we all got comfy with our pillows and blankets and watched The Blind Side movie until we stopped to eat at a little hole in the wall buffet. It was really good. The only thing they were missing was chicken. They didn't have it in any form...so my meal didn't feel complete. I ate some yummy mac-n-cheese, a few bites of meatloaf, some yeast rolls, and a salad with sweet tea...all followed by buttermilk coconut pie. :) After we ate we watched the first half of New Moon while we road to the hotel. The hotel was extremely nice. We only had time to unload some of our stuff and change for our games. We headed straight to the gym for our two games. We won the first, lost the second....afterwards we all went to a REALLY yummy Italian place. I don't remember the name, but I ordered chicken Parmesan and it was delicious. When we were all stuffed and just about falling asleep, we headed back to the hotel for showers and some sleep, because the next morning we had to meet earlyish, eat, and get back to the gym for THREE more matches. We won the first one and then took a quick lunch run to a place called Sweet Peppers. I had been there before with my high school team and was excited to get to go back. It was a deli-type place, which I love...I ordered a club with chips and sweet tea. After we quickly ate, we went back and watched the rest of the match  that was going on and then played another game. We lost...and by this point everyone was just tired, sweaty, ill, and ready to go home...but we still had to play one more game. It was a decent team, but we had beat them once before, so we knew we would win. The first game was pretty close, but we ending up winning and then picked it up for the second two so we could get out of there and get on the road. On the way home we watched National Treasure. We started it as soon as we got on the bus and the ending credits started playing the second we pulled into our parking lot...We were amazing/shocked at how fast we got home, but we were so thankful...everyone cheered and high-fived our bus driver, Jack for getting us home so quickly. I got in my car, drove home, and when I got to my room, it was spotless. Drew had been a sweety, despite being sickly, and cleaned it for me. :) It was nice to come home to a clean room. I got a quick shower and climbed into my comfy bed and was OUT...for 12 hours...and I still woke up tired. We have been laying around watching movies all day. Tomorrow it's back to the gym, tanning, and school work. WOO. Oh and I'm applying for a job. Wish me luck...I just want a schedule going in my life and a little extra cash wouldn't hurt either.


---A month and three days left of VB. :) & :( about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment