Pages

9.12.2010

Weekend Recap

I'm finally home and somewhat rested up. This weekend the team was in Pensacola, Fl for a tournament. We left Thursday around lunch, stopped in Bay Minett and played Faulkner State. Our Libro got hurt within the first few minutes of the first game and it kinda went downhill from there...BUT the coach made some changes to the team before our tournament on Fri/Sat. She made our other setter the new Libro and now I set the whole time. We. Did. Awesome. We won all 4 of our matches. We even beat the hosting team, PJC. They are a GOOD team, but I think we have found everyone's spot on our team and we are finally clicking and doing everything we need to be a dominating team.

I got to room with Britt (my bff on the team) and Maranda. I love her too. We all got along really well. We got to the hotel late Thursday night, so we just got all of our stuff ready for our games the next morning, ate some snacks, watched a little tv, and talked until we all fell asleep. The next morning the whole team was up and ate breakfast at the hotel and then headed to the beach for a while. The water was really calm and pretty, but several people were claiming they had seen a baby shark and snakes earlier that morning. We all still got in though..we couldn't resist. After soaking up some sun, me and my roommates decided to go back to the room and nap and get ready for our games..we were really tired from the long ride and little sleep. We woke up and headed to the gym for our matches, dominated, and got back to the hotel in time to get everyone showered and dolled up to go eat. We walked across the street to a place called Flounders. I got spinach and seafood cheese dip as my meal. LOVED it. I also got it the next night at a different place. The team got along well for the most part and I think the trip allowed us all to get to know each other a little better. I had a great time and I'm so glad the team did so well in the tournament. :)


Tomorrow we are off from practice, but I have a lot of stuff to do. All of my volleyball stuff is gross and stuffed in my bag from the weekend waiting to be washed, I need to catch up on my school work, clean this wrecked bedroom of mine, and get everything back in order. I already caught up on my blog reading. It was one of the first things I did when I got home. I hope everyone had as good of a weekend as I did! Oh yeah, ROLL TIDE baby! :) Everyone have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment