Pages

6.09.2010

Just Another Day in Paradise :)


So...The week was amazing. It was exactly what I had been looking forward to. Hot sunny days on the beach playing in the crystal clear water & getting my tan on, yummy seafood & fresh fruit, and spending time with my fiance and gran. :) . We got custard from a place called Shakes every single night. It is the BEST custard EVER. My personal fav: Choc. custard with brownie and waffle cone chips mixed in. Mmm Mmm Mmm. :D So, besides eating and being total beach bums, we also played intense games of monopoly every night. Gran won the most times..she really got into it. We managed to get away from the beach long enough to run to the outlets to shop then to the Crab Trap to eat lunch one day. At the outlets, Drew and I found our wooden plates we have been searching high and low for. They are square with one of the corners divided off for dipping sauces. They are perfect. :) I'm not the best at remembering to take pics, but we managed to take a few while we were down there. I need to get better at picture taking, because I feel like the pics make the blog posts much more interesting. The oil HAD NOT reached Destin. Two days before we left "the news" said it was 30 miles off shore..then they said it would reach Destin by today...now they are saying it could be next week. They don't know. I am glad it didn't ruin this year's trip anyhow. Here are the pics we took!





Underwater pic










my gorgeous grandmother :)




My new favorite pic of me and my future hubby.


Drew's artwork. :)

























My favorite meal of the trip: Drew grilled fillets and we boiled shrimp and crap legs with some corn and potatoes






There are tons more pics. I'll make a new post of just beach pics. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment